This week we begin our new discipleship groups! Whereas our Faith Groups were more conversational on the general issues of life and faith, our discipleship groups will be a little more focussed on how we can live into the life God intends for us. The format will be simple, but challenging questions will be discussed. We’re taking this from something called Cursillo, or mini-courses on Christianity. We’ll think about our general commitment to God. We’ll discuss how we have seen God present in our lives. We’ll challenge ourselves to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our city. The questions that follow will serve as the structure of our groups. Not every question will be discussed every time. There is some freedom in the discussion, but we do encourage all groups to have it as their agenda an honest and introspective journey into the deeper sides of faith. Check out the questions and then check the Church Calendar for times and locations of discipleship groups. All are encouraged to attend and engage!
“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” (Matt 11:28)
1. With what spiritual aids have you nourished your vital union with Christ this week?
Congregational Worship/Communion Morning Offering/Evening Thanks Devotions, Meditation and Prayer Examination of Conscience Altar/Chapel Visit
Family Prayer Blessing Before Meals Spiritual Direction Other
2. What was the moment you felt closest to Christ?
3. What is your plan for next week to deepen your piety?
“If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (John 8:31)
4. What have you studied this week to better understand Jesus Christ and his mystical body, the church?
Adult Education Class of Congregation Bible Study Course
Private Bible Study
Books on the Christian Faith & Theology Christian Periodicals
Pastor Guided Reading
5. What was the most helpful Spiritual insight from your study?
“As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” (John 20:31)
What will be your plan for next week to enrich your study?
9. What was the moment of your most burning witness? most sacrificial service?
10. What is your plan for next week to enlarge your witness and service?